View Single Post
Unread 04-28-04, 03:32 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
I really enjoyed the entire event. I learned more, this time, as I do every time. The first thing I did when I got home was clean the bugs off my boots. For those who didn't attend, bugs are a leading cause of decay of deice boots.

Owen has some fantastic products for Skymasters. I especially like the A/C system, it is really slick. His extra cooling vents for the rear engine are just the right touch.

The tour of Don's shop was impressive. Hope everyone who was there saw his Silver Wrench. Next time someone says they know lots about Skymasters, ask them if they ever won a silver wrench at Oshkosh. There are pictures, but they do not do his inventory justice, it is just extensive.

The thing that is hard to quantify is all the little tips. Like bugs, or the Foam that protects the trailing edge of everyplane in Don's shop. The speakers were knowledgeable, the interaction between speakers and the rest of us was priceless. Listening to Brian, I was looking on Ebay for a sat phone. I turn off my cell phone, it is known to cause problems with my HSI, but a sat phone won't.

This is my third, and I learn something new with each gathering. I look forward to seeing you all at the next one

Oh, and lest I forget, the FBO was wonderful. They had 2 guys on each plane tieing it down as soon as engines stopped. They set up a wine and cheese tasting area for us. They had Wi-Fi access inside, comfortable area, fuel was cheaper than the other FBO. The staff was friendly. I had oil change while I was there, rates were reasonable, and they washed my plane when they were done. The ServiceCenter was just fantastic for us.

Last edited by WebMaster : 04-29-04 at 12:14 PM.