Thread: 336 Owners
View Single Post
Unread 08-01-07, 10:10 PM

ClaytonLagore is an unknown quantity at this point
I now have a 336 registered in Canada ....

as C-FACK (and yes that tail number was requested since it has been so "FACKing" hard to find a good one of these aircraft.)

The aircraft I have is S/N 0024 and was formerly registered as N88756. It is a great example of a reconditioned 336.

As for the gentleman above talking of a Robertson STOL kit on a 336 .... my aircraft has one that was installed in July of 1975. It is on a one of STC that the folks at Sierra (formerly Robertson) were not very helpful in finding a copy of. I had to get help from an FAA individual in Seattle to get a copy of this STC to complete my import to Canada. I am not sure if this is due to the fact that Sierra has not installed many of these on 336 or if I have the only one on a 336. Either way they did not have any record of the STC but did acknowledge the install as it was signed off by Robertson's head engineer of the time along with an FAA agent.

When the install was finished the aircraft was placed in the experimental category for 2 months while it completed flight testing and minimum 25hrs of flying time.

Feel free to email if you have any questions that I can answer regarding the Robertson STOL on a 336 I will be happy to answer them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fack.jpg (68.0 KB, 1328 views)

Last edited by ClaytonLagore : 08-02-07 at 02:11 AM.