Thread: 2012 Fly In
View Single Post
Unread 09-10-12, 10:07 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Great SOAPA Meeting

To all that missed a great meeting,
I would first like to thank Bill and Ken for arranging a great SOAPA meeting place and activities. I think everyone really enjoyed the friendship and places we visited. Myself and the 2 guys I brought will remember the fun we had for years to come. Paul & Mary gave a great recape of thier trip around South America and Paul entertained us on the piano. A guy with many talents. There were 4 wifes at this meeting, which I thought was great to see wifes enjoying their husbands love of flying. I wish my wife was like that. We left {GON }Mistice Harbor on friday for a trip up the Long Island Sound to the Hudson Coridore. Past the GW Bridge, the Intreapide, we dropped to 900 feet and rounded the lady twice. Over the VZ Bridge and back up the east side of the Hudson, past the new buildings at ground zero.
We took video of the trip & will post as soon as we edit out the jerky parts. We flew back down the Long Island Sound to Block Island for a great lunch. After that I headed for home back over the Sound at 4500 feet in clear air. Those of you that missed this SOAPA meeting missed a great time. We all missed Herb,Larry and Jerry. Dale Campbell