View Single Post
Unread 01-01-07, 09:24 PM

Jack Dick is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the response folks, I feel better knowing that it is not a inherant problem.

For Skymsr02, it is a normally aspirated engine, but your mentioning that the 0-2A has mmesh I fing interesting.

Mark, thank you too.

hharney, How did the the exhaust bolt break in your incident? I am still at a loss. Other engineering buddies have looked at the nut and remaining threaded portion (intact, just broken) and have had every concievable solution, over torque at installation, heat crystlization coupled with vibration and expansion shear. Unfortunatley they all leave me cold as I keep coming back to the base physical properties of it would or maybe I might say should take almost 13,000 pounds of stress to shear in a normal configuration and while there may be some reduction because of heat fatigue, do not believe it to be a large enough factor.

Incidently, the bolt in question. On the top of the exhaust at the rear, is a support bracket that is connected via tubular arms to the top of the two rear engine mounts. The bolt in question passes through all three with the exhaust support bracket being in the middle.

Thanks again

Jack