View Single Post
Unread 02-02-07, 09:05 PM

Jack Dick is on a distinguished road
Thank you all for some good information.

My choices came down to, buy one new blade and have it shaved to match the existing blade, or buy two new blades and have a spare which cpild be used if a mishap occured in the future.

I decided on the two new blades and as I had just had the hub O/H had them shipped to Sensenic in PA. They are really fine people and did a great job, as they had done on the frint and rear prop a couple months ago.

I also had every nut and bolt replaced on the rear engine. The nut and bolt in the rear exhaust support braket was included in the replacement (that was the one which caused the big chunk aka #3 prop ding) and after installation had the ends sealed (the nut and bolt are recessed). My smart A & P also made it so it could be removed, during the annual.

After about 4 hours I had the panels pulled and everything inspected. All looked good, but I think I will have the panels pulled every 20 hours or so for inspection.

My annual was due in May but I had it done early while the plane was down because I am planning on attending the great fly in. It all depends on my safety pilot being able to go with me.

Again Thanks for the help and I really enjoy logging on and seeing what is happening.

Jack