View Single Post
Unread 06-07-08, 03:19 AM

Richard is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been logging time towards my A&P. I really like the work and enjoy the types of people in the GA industry. It's sad because I don't see much of a future. I see these invoices and know that pennies on the dollar are going to the hard working people that installed the components. It just gets me upset to see so many GA shops struggle. When you replace a handle on a door and the invoice is almost 4k, someone is getting rich. Lawyers, paper pushers... someone.

Is there anything we can do? Will it take an act of congress? Can companies apply for PMA licenses and start producing the parts? What if the parts are bought from salvage companies outside of the U.S.?

Looking around on the net it's confusing to me that there is no clear explanation of why. Demand for the parts is decreasing. Demand for the airplanes are decreasing. Jobs are being lost, yet the prices keep going up. If there is a source behind this, they had better wise up before the skies are dried up, and the golden goose is headless.