View Single Post
Unread 08-18-08, 11:01 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Jakes

You are making this way to hard, think simple. I have my 496 on the control yoke with the garmin factory mount. I had the avionics shop wire in a 24 V so I don't have to have to use the CIG lighter plug. The antenna, power and phones from the 496 are nicely wrapped with some nylon spring tube that holds them all together but provides firm flexibilty. I keep the XM antenna seperate so that I can transfer it to my other plane with the 496. Then I just use the second CIG plug in the other plane, I have a second antenna already in the other plane for the 196 and I am ready to go. In the main plane I keep the GPS antenna on the glareshield, far left side tucked in between the glareshild and windshild. I have never had a reception problem. GPS antenna stays in the plane so it's wrapped in the nylon spring tube. I do like Jeff and tuck the wire down behind the plastic and it hides really nice. For the XM antenna I just set it up next to the GPS antenna and keep it away from the compass as far as I can. Never had a reception problem yet. I will post some pictures if you would like.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years