View Single Post
Unread 10-20-15, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
You're right, no one is suggesting that this is accurate to a gallon, let alone a tenth of a gallon. My only objective in providing the above table is to give the points on the curve for those who have a 337G with extended tanks and buy a Universal Fuelhawk, so they don't have to go through the process of generating the curve.

But the point of this tube -- and to know how much fuel there is when fuel is just visible under the filler port -- is to be able to load the fuel you need for a flight.

For those who've never calibrated such a tube, the methodology is straight forward and accurate. Take the point at which fuel is just visible under the filler port. That, of course, represents 0 on the tube. If you now add fuel and it takes 30 gallons to fill the 75 gallon tank, then you know that the "just visible" marker (0 on the tube) means you have 45 gallons. You follow the instructions and you end up with fuel quantities for the markings on the tube (0, 1, 2, 3, etc.).

I trust the readings for initial fuel load, and believe that the differences between the Mitch3773 readings and mine are real, because his is an H and mine is a G.

Ernie