View Single Post
Unread 08-27-02, 02:40 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Go turbo...

Ignacio,

If you're willing to put some 'elbow grease' into the equation, right now there are at least two P337's in the market place, one at $85K and another at $100K, the latter of which is deiced with intercoolers and both with a fair compliment of IFR avionics. Yes, they may need some work, i.e., rubbing out the oxidated paint, replacing parts, etc., but under the current economic order of things (planned BTW), you might just surprise yourself at what you'll find if you look closely.

There is much 'boo-hoo' in mechanic circles about turbos, but if the equipment isn't abused by the operator and you run them with some sensibilities, they'll do what they're supposed to... and then some, and in the long run you will be rewarded time and time again. Overall, your cost of operation with the turbos won't be that big of a 'boo hoo'. Go back through the threads and read the article from AvWeb that Bob Cook recommended on valves... you'll get the idea. The problem with turbos is the ignorance of the operator and ham-fisted throttle operation... which you just don't do with turbos. As long as you don't overtemp them, allow sufficient cooling & spool down you'll be fine.

BTW, the two P337's I mentioned are on The Controller. One is out here in Oregon and has been owned by the same owner since he took delivery of it from Cessna when it was new... that's the one I'd look at. It's the $85K unit.

Skying