View Single Post
Unread 08-29-02, 11:50 PM

Many thanks to you all for the huge response, I think that left no doubt in my mind of what to expect from both planes and understood the turbo's wastegates operation (at least basically, I think I need a couple of courses to really pick all that up).

Yes I'm based in florida and do not expect that the local weather would need a turbo unless you could climb to FL410 to top it and even so, it would probably take less time to circumnavigate it.

I do a trip to Pennsylvania every two months or so, and that would be very nice at the upper teens.

I guess a normally aspirated would do the job more than fine, as a matter of fact my Cherokee 235 does it pretty good with just one stop and about 7-8.5 hrs flight time depending un my luck with the wind. (I almost always is 8.5 going up and down, at least it was so last time with 20-30 kt headwinds almost all the way).

I guess also having about 500 hrs total SEL and 250 with retractable with no IFR the insurace would be a factor in the P and probably also on the Turbo.

Anyway Still looking for a plane, willing to trade or sell my 235 in order to get the Skymaster, if any of you guys know somebody that would like the small load hauler, I can tell you that I'm confident is one of the very best in the market. if somebody wants details write me to ignacio@commconcept.com or call me @ 786 271-3436.

Thanks again to all