View Single Post
Unread 04-19-23, 09:38 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Your hangar buddy does not sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer. He would've been much better off had he accepted your kind offer.

The "Gear not down" horn would've been blaring at him when he pulled the power back to land! Should've anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAdams View Post
A friend of mine bought a 337 in NY and hired an instructor to "instruct" him on the 337 as they brought the aircraft to South Florida. This would satisfy the insurance company's 10 hour requirements. My friend had Seneca time but no 337 time. After the instructor departed, my friend took out his 337 for some pattern work and low and behold he landed the aircraft wheels up on one of his first solo landings. Major damage, but did not total the aircraft. But his ego was shattered. I'm a CFI-ASMEL-Instrument with 500+ hours in the 337, my 337 is based just a few hangars away from his and I offered to ride with him in the 337 free of charge but he never called. We had spent countless hours talking about the 337, pros and cons, values and market research but he never thought to take me up on my offer. My advice is to hire someone who will really instruct you in the aircraft and after your insurance is satisfied, ferry the airplane solo to wherever you need to be.

Last edited by mshac : 05-20-23 at 10:06 AM.