View Single Post
Unread 07-10-11, 02:17 PM

B2C2 is on a distinguished road
Transition training requirements for 337

There may be an answer to this question somewhere on the site, but Ive searched around a lot and can't find one. I am interested in transitioning to a 337, I have my SEL and instrument ratings, a little complex and no ME time. I have spent a lot of time in Pipers and got my instrument rating in an SR20. I'm considering buying a 337 and getting my MER in that plane. I understand I will have a CLT restriction on my MER if I do this, and I don't care about that. My question is what do I need to look for in a flight instructor? Can I receive instruction from any MEI, or do I need to find an instructor with 337 time in order to do my training and take my check ride? I believe there may also be an insurance aspect to this question, as the instructor may be required to have 337 time for the insurance to be valid during the training period. Any help in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated. I'm also located in Livermore CA, so assuming a 337 specific instructor is required a pointer to someone nearby would be helpful. Thanks.