View Single Post
Unread 01-14-05, 10:31 AM

proto is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Larry

thanks for the rapid answer !

Certainly, i can imagine that the procedure 'one-engine-cruise' is maybe not legal. Can be. But we are are looking for max. efficiency. !

In any case, my aux-tank is certified (has his paperwork) - and the weight is in the limits ;-). I know the limits of the skymaster...

You say: ^^ If your plane has the aux tanks, you won't be able to feed the front engine aux to the rear engine.^^

My answer: Right ! But for climb and final approach, i'll consume the aux-tanks. Ah - the skymaster's aux-tanks are famous...

You say : ^^Brian Von Herzon has crossed the Atlantic several times in his Super Skyrocket. He has flint wing tip tanks, which provide some additional fuel. ^^

My answer: The flints are ok, but not in my budget - normally I d'ont use so much fuel, so this modification is not required.

You say: ^^The longest stage, across the atlantic, assuming you are going over the northern route, is about 670 nm. You plane would be able to do that with out any difficulty, without ferry tanks.^^

My answer: The atlantic is one thing - but I fly to south - africa. There are crazy and corrupt people to OVERFLY. I have some experience - so I need a max range of + 1600 nm.

Of coarse, the Skymaster may fly perfectly with one engine - but my question is very simple: IS IT REALLY MUCH MORE ECONOMIC WITH ONE ENGINE FEATHERED ?

Thanks very much.

Proto

PS. Routing is Geneva - Morocco - Senegal - an then ??? depends...