View Single Post
Unread 08-05-20, 10:03 PM

basloane is an unknown quantity at this point
A few years ago, I purchased a complete Mag Pressurization kit from Jeff Shapiro at TurboPlus. I believe they still exist in Washington.
If you are experiencing misfiring, might want to check the resistance on your spark plugs. If the resistances are much greater than 1,000 ohms ( >50,000 ) they start misfiring in the outside harness connection at high altitude.
I was experiencing misfiring above 15,000, and spent 4 years and upwards of $3,000 chasing, cleaning, testing and changing pressurization configurations until ( by chance ) we found an article about the problems ( about 6 years ago ) folks were having with AC plugs. We tested all the plugs and most of the resistances were off the scale. We could even see arcing outside the plug.
Sympathetic to my experience, the local rep very kindly provided a new complimentary set of plugs which we installed in the front engine. As an experiment, we switched out the rear plugs for Tempests and then filed for FL220. Both engines purred for about a year, then I started getting "misfires". Found a plug on the FE testing over 1,000,000 ohms ( yes, it was an AC ).
I would be sure that AC has addressed the problem by now, but I would like to see some more hard data......( just the skeptic in me ).....
Or,.... only use the AC plugs in non-pressurized/non-turbocharged aircraft......