Thread: Navomatic 400
View Single Post
Unread 06-06-21, 11:07 AM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Smile Navomatic 400

Hello ALL.
Update on my navomatic 400 challenges. Was called by the Mayday Avionics, which is repairing my 400, saying the autopilot was fixed!!! YEA!! Shipping it out next week. I'D LIKE TO PUBLICLY THANK TOM M FOR DONATING his servos, which was the major hang-up for repairing my system. Although it took quite a while to get my autopilot fixed I'm finally on the path to re-installing my system. I think I have all the cabling the previous owner CUT OUT so I'm soldiering them back together. I have to wait till I have the autopilot components to finish that process. The shop charged a reasonable price for the repairs, $2300. I figure about another $1000 for the flight test/rigging. I did have to purchase new AI and DG due to a back order of the bearings for those instruments. AQI avionics which I sent the instruments to offered to sell me NEW instruments for $1500 which is only $300 over the cost of the overhaul. FYI, Mid-Continent quoted $5100 to overhaul the instruments. The new AI is color coded with 5 degree pitch increments. I'm planning on installing a G5 digital AI in my six pack and install the new steam gauge AI, which drives the 400, on the right panel.
Thanks again, Tom M.
Regards.
BILLS