View Single Post
Unread 01-30-04, 01:37 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
The meter went in the instrument panel, as did the switch (well, you asked ;-). The actual indicator went on the co-pilot instrument panel in the hole where the Cessna EGT used to be, to the right of the fuel flow indicator and just above the copilot control wheel. The switch went below the cowl flap switches. I will attach a picture in the next message (not this one), you can see the switch on the lower left, and a small slice of the voltammeter on the far right. I will attach another picture in the next message after that showing the volt ammeter better.

The shunts went on the left (pilot's) side of the firewall in the engine compartment. I can't remember, but they were fairly high up, fairly accessible from above.

The board is undoubtedly a pain. I think I had to mess with it to fix it at least three times in five years. One of those times I think we replaced it, and at that time, while not cheap, it was not crushingly expensive either as I recall. But maybe time heals financial wounds...

Kevin

Last edited by kevin : 01-30-04 at 01:44 PM.