View Single Post
Unread 05-16-21, 01:57 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dan View Post
Actually that’s the problem. It has been fine for the decades it has been in the states. Importing it to Canada last year started this fiasco. We are still working with Transport Canada and the FAA. No solution yet.

DD
I'm truly sorry for your situation, and I hope you're able to get it worked out.

The FAA CLEARLY stated in the VAR crank AD comment response section that US-certified AC were currently flying with the UK-certified RR engine, AND THEREFORE the AD must apply to them as well.

So if I understand this, the FAA will allow RR engines (at least theoretically based on their own commentary), but CAA will not???

So maybe maintain the N# registration? There are literally thousands of aircraft around the world that will never see US airspace yet proudly sport N# registration.

Seems crazy that the CAA won't accept RR certification from the UK, which is their controlling country. What they are are saying is because your plane was not built in France, it may not have a RR engine, even though both the airframe and engines were certified as identical. An interesting thing to research: Do they allow Continental engines on Reims aircraft??? My guess is they might.

This whole sorry saga is the definition of bureaucratic madness and ineffiency. The RR engines should be looked at as equivalent to the Continentals, and that should be that.

Last edited by mshac : 05-16-21 at 02:23 PM.