View Single Post
Unread 12-23-03, 09:43 AM
Keven

The Deal

The VGs are truly the deal!

Peyton was kind enough to take me up yesterday afternoon and let me fly his 2PM. All the raves are true. I can't really comment on added climb, because I had never really spent that much time in Peyton's bird to know what was normal for it.

However . . . the handling is much smoother, softer, and requires less strength than the full truck-like handling needed on my plane. Mind you that not all of the heavy feel is gone, just the amount of effort needed to wrestle it around. And let's talk about moving the plane around . . . . It's like a video game doing 60 degree banks -- effortless. 45 degrees feels like 30 degrees in my plane. 60 degrees feels like about 45 degrees in mine. The wings just don't want to stall.

And speaking of stalls, I bumped it into stalls a few times -- kinda. Although the stall horn may be yelling at you, it sure doesn't feel anywhere near a stall. And the plane is actually fighting you to nose back over by itself. It takes a concentrated and continued effort to keep it in a stall.

So, yes, these little sharp pieces of aluminum seem to be all that they are claimed to be. They are now on my wish list for N5409S. I just wonder how they will interact with my Horton STOL kit, or if they are even allowed to be installed on a plane that has a Horton on it.

FWIW,

Keven
________
FIX PS3

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:06 PM.