View Single Post
Unread 01-31-04, 01:45 AM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin and Peter:

The way I interpret my drawings and service manual, the part number that Kevin refers to, 1570059-1 is just for the diode assembly (diode and heat sink). If I am right, you can buy the diode from Radio Shack or Newark electronics for less than $75. This is what I did when I had to replace my diodes, thanks to advice from GMAS. The price I got at the time from Cessna was about $750 (can you believe it?).

I think the part number for the circuit board assembly is actually 1570304-1, based on the schematic drawing. I have no idea if by the word "assembly" they mean that there are other components mounted on the board, or if it is just a circuit board. The drawing isn't very clear to me, but this part number is the only part referred to as a circuit board assembly on the drawing which shows the alternator wiring diagram.

Perhaps with these two part numbers you can call a Cessna dealer and at least find out which of these part numbers (if any) is correct.

Sorry to not be more sure of my answer, but hopefully this is a starting point for you.

Mark