View Single Post
Unread 05-16-04, 11:41 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
As previously mentioned there is a flap connection to the trim. When the flaps are retracted for the landing position the trim is automatically rolled to somewhere in the t.o. range (as I remember. Just a minute Ill look for it in my service manual!).

I’m no A&P but hear is what I see. There is a low possibility that the cables can are out of calibration because they are anchored to chains on both ends. There are three things that seem like they could be contributing to your dilemma. Starting with the simplest one first:

1 There is a possibility that the indicator is bent out of shape.

2 There could be a broken cable in the works.

3 The trim stops (metal blocks clamped onto the "trim up cable") have come out of position. On A/C SN after 337-0526 there are three of them for use with the electric trim and the flap interconnect.

4 your electric trim has gone to the dark side and is causing chaos and mayhem.

I find that aviation is a realization of Murphy’s Law so it will probably be a combination of all things easy to fix but expensive to obtain and things hard to get to but inexpensive to obtain. That said hear is what I think you should do.

1 Fully extend the flaps and trim to the nose high stop. Can you feel the stop? Visually verify that the tab is where it is suppose to be?

2 Retract the flaps and watch to see if the trim rotates back to T.O. range. Check the indicator and the tab position for proper setting.

3 Run the electric trim from stop to stop and verify indicator and tab movement.

I think that the problem will revile itself through these tests. Please let us know. Also if you would like to chat about it give me a rattle tomorrow evening at 817 595 3411. I can check with some Cessna guys at the local shop if I need to.

_travis

PS perhaps a peek in to the log books will provide a solution!?!