View Single Post
Unread 03-09-04, 07:03 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Re: Wing Spar Caps and Web Doublers

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyKing
Hew,

Not too much to worry about, but the AD does cover the 336 models, 337's, and the P-models as well, but with different affectivity times as to when the inspections are to begin.

So, there is something to be said for searching out a pristine, low time airplane. Personally, I've never heard of a 337 having cracks as per the AD, so I think this boils down to Cessna doing a "CYA" Operation with the FAA's blessing, i.e., "cover your _ _ _ " type of thing. But that's my personal opinion based on other known facts. In any event, the AD is issued for safety reasons, and it is a mandatory thing.

Overall, I'd say the Skymaster, at least the later model P337 series have a minimal number of AD's to comply with, as compared to other airplanes. Ever look at the AD list on a Piper? Yikes.

Hope this helps.

SkyKing
I agree with you SkyKing.
Mine has 7,800 hours on it, a 69 - 337D, and we had to do the spar AD this annual. Aside from being costly, and time consuming, it is a bit frustrating as an owner to see some guy show up, wave his wand around for 15 minutes, and you get to part with $$$$ for him, and even more $$$$$$ for the mech who preps it for him.

Does anyone know of an actual incident?