View Single Post
Unread 09-22-19, 05:34 PM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by etv100Fly View Post
Hell members! Anyone installed a new autopilot in there plane with a current STC? I see a lot of units available but no STC. Looks like either going rouge or nothing. Thoughts? Thanks Capt L
Does your airplane currently have an autopilot?

I mention this because the airplane I just bought has the Cessna 400A and I was impressed with its performance. There have only been two previous owners of this '77 airplane. The fellow I bought it from, the second owner, said the AP was not working very well when he purchased it, so he took it to Autopilot Central in Tulsa. A few days later it was as good as new. He suggested that I schedule a stop there every two years as he as done, for a tuneup and tweaking. Given the performance on my journey home, I think I will take that advice as it worked as well as the brand new airplane I flew in '77.

Waiting for the recent tropical weather to clear across my flight path, I filled out the Garmin GFC-500 STC Interest and Canidate Aircraft Application forms. I just assumed it wouldn't work that well as every seller I had talked to lead the subject "About the autopilot,..." Seems, I might have jumped the gun.