Thread: Boom Fairings
View Single Post
Unread 09-29-10, 12:05 AM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Boom Fairings

Hi Everyone

I have recently purchased a 74 337G and will be looking for some assistance from this forum as I bring her back to life (up to my standards anyway)

To give you a bit of background I chased around for quite some time looking for the right 337 with low TT and one that I could refurb to suit. On reading some previous post's I believe you refer to what I have as a ramp queen. Well a queen she may be, but a half decent one. Given the old girl is fully dissasembled it is an ideal opportunity to go through the aircarft completely, from nose to two tails ! and to carryout any SID's that may come our way.

Well we have started with the tails, at present there are top and lower small fairings fitted to the booms / verticle stab, these are part of a Horton stol kit and are the only parts ever fitted. I would prefer to leave them rather than having a series of rivet holes to address, any thought's - I have contacted Horton for advice on an STC for the fairings, but they recommend fitting the rest of the kit, personal choice I don't want to do so.

The other area is top and lower tips, I have been chasing looking for new OEM plastic ones rather than PMA fiberglass units, any suggestions on some surplus OEM stock.

Anway over the coming months I look forward to the advice I can recieve from all of you as I bring this aircraft back to the condition it deserves.

Regards
Dave