Thread: Annual Costs
View Single Post
Unread 08-14-03, 04:54 PM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Annual Cost

I own a 337H 1978 model non-turbo model. I have owned it for 4 years. My shop O & N in Factoryville, Pa. has a shop rate of $65/Hr. Just the annual cost on labor runs about $2800.00. Now you add the oil, filters for 2 engines plus all the things they find wrong $$$$$$$$$$. My average annual comes out to be around $6000 each year. That did not include the $12000 paint job. $9000 total new interior. $7000 to get auto-pilot working. The extra to get the landing gear to work properly $2000. The extra
$2000 to get the charging system to work properly. Oh the upgrade on the instrument panel we won't include $$$$$$. But it all works good now. Last year I did a pilot assisted annual. I removed all inspection covers, removed the total interior including floor inspection covers. I found two problems the A & P did not find. One problem was a hole in the rear engine muffler that was 1/4 inch wide and 4 inches long. I noticed the white chalky coating from burnt fuel on the side of engine which lead me to it. It was hard to see next to the rib on the muffler.He over looked it but I kept looking till I found it. He was supprised when I found it. That was another $2000 cost for new muffler. I also found the metal gas line, from the fuel primer, worn half way through where it was rubbing against the metal baffling. That was just above the hole in muffler. Can you imagine the fire if that rubbed all the way through. He still charged the $2800 for labor. Dale Campbell

Last edited by Dale Campbell : 08-15-03 at 08:58 AM.