View Single Post
Unread 01-14-14, 02:44 PM

louis@52f is on a distinguished road
gear doors open

Ernie
I had a similar problem on my '69 T337 some years back. I have these comments relating to this;
1. On my a/c, the gear up light indicates only that the up position switches, which are in series, are all closed. The position of the doors is not part of that circuit, so with certain failures, the doors could be open in either the up and locked or down and locked condition. The gear position light SHOULD reflect the door are closed, but not with a failure of various types.
2. I'm no electrical engineer, but I can't imagine a weak battery is the source of your problem. If the charging system can not charge the battery and supply full aircraft electric load, thus allowing the system voltage to drop too low, this might lead to your gear door problem. However, then you have in my opinion a bigger problem, weak charging system and weak battery, not a good combination.
3. I found my problem was a high resistance in a wire terminal on one of the up position switches. The up light would come on, but the current was not enough to keep the door solenoid closed. (Engine driven hydraulic pumps, but I think the door control on yours is similar.) The gear would come up and lock, doors would close, then open, maybe close again, but then open and stay open. I replaced all the wire terminals in the gear position indicator circuits, never had another similar problem.

Lou