View Single Post
Unread 06-14-12, 11:55 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Herb,

I have my old governors. They look nothing like your photos. I will post photos tomorrow night when I get my camera.

As far as I can tell these governors came with my airplane in 1973 as McCauley model number CFS310D1A/T1. These units appear identical and have identical model numbers. They were overhauled in 1988 by Maxwell Aircraft Service, INC at the Crystal Airport in Minneapolis, MN and both governors were converted at that time to model number CFS310D1B/T1. I do not know why or what the difference is between the two models.

About 4 or so years ago I tried to have them overhauled again and two shops said NO. The shops were Aircraft Propeller, INC in Wheeling, IL at the KPWK airport and Aircraft Systems, INC in Rockford, IL at the KRFD airport. I did not discover the paperwork on these governors that came with the overhaul in 1988 until after purchasing two brand new governors. I do not know if this Maxwell Aircraft Service, INC is still in business but it might be fun to try and see what they would say about these old governors. I can say they were working normally when they were removed about 4 years ago and have been sitting in my closet ever since.

I will have photos tomorrow night at about this time.

Good Luck,

Ed