View Single Post
Unread 06-17-12, 10:51 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Hey Herb,

I do not know which governor was on the front and rear. It would not matter though because these two old governors that I have are exactly the same. They have the same model number and look identical. As for the prop synch mechanisms (those little tiny gears in your photo), if they were attached, they are not now. Neither of these governors look anything like your posted photos. I do have an electronic "box" in my closet that was removed from the rear engine compartment when these governors were removed four years ago. This box was part of the prop synch mechanisms. This stuff did not function properly and was all removed from the airplane and my airplane is completely void of any prop sync equipment at this time.

Keep in mind that my airplane is a 1973 model and the plane you are dealing with is a 1977 model. It is possible that the entire prop sync system was handled differently in these two 337 models and that you and I are comparing "apples and oranges." I really don't know how these two model years compare in this regard.

If it would help, I would gladly ship you these two old governors as well as this "electronic box" that was removed from my plane and you can compare for yourself.

Good Luck,

Ed