Thread: 336 Vs. 337?
View Single Post
Unread 08-19-02, 01:08 AM

Alan Williams is an unknown quantity at this point
336-337 -buying an aircraft.

I've just spent a ton of loot bringing a low time p model airframe with good engines up to good condition.
It cost significantly more than I had hoped but I now have what I wanted and learned a few things along the way about refurbishing.
Here are a few thoughts.
1. Have a clear idea what your expectations of an aircraft are. Excellent condition good for all weather and new for everything or good enough for summer nice day short journeys.
2. The idea is you only get what you pay for.
3. Best dollars spent by far, are in having a knowedgeble well -reputed AME and an avionics chap do a thorough assesment and cost estimate to bring the aircraft to your acceptable level of condition and avionics. Then ask for a contract to do the work. The prices should be the same. If not - RUN.
4. Carefull and knowedgeable shopping with good research can yield bargains as airplane owners are notoious for spending money they know can never -ever be recovered. Thier pain is the new buyers gain. Shop carefully and look for the best condition you can possibly afford as it will be much cheaper than fixing a bargain beauty.