Thread: Mackinac Island
View Single Post
Unread 07-31-02, 06:16 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Too bad you guys missed the RAM group

I got word that the people over at Riley are showing off their new stuff at the show.. didn't see any word from you guys about going by and looking...

ANN covered the new products that they are coming out with.. and like me... GAS is dead... the EPA and the rest of the world is getting on with other fuels... you need to go back to their web page and look up the new fuel engine... they have one runing on a 182 and its great... half the fuel useage... and better performance.... it was quite a article that they passed along... to me... but, when I questioned about the club being put in the news...... nada ... (I'll explane why later) so it looks like we may ask Riley to hold a special meeting out here on the coast and show off their new products... they claim that they will have a new 300 hp 4 cyc deisel engine in ... just maybe the new skymaster... wow... and the specs look great...

Sorry the old gas stuff is dated... as in other countries gas is also on its way out... Jet A and deisel is the new way.... more energy no lead... cheeper fuel.. that doesn't go bad as quick... and simpler metering... thats dependiable... on half the parts... (no ignition). Its the only way to go... that meets the new regulations from your friendly enviromental group.... lends itself well to turbo... and longer engine life too... about 3000 hrs.... now all they have to do is keep the props on the thing... as it cruses at 1800-2200 RPM but, they claim its smooth at that speed... while it can run up to 3200 RPm... one problem that I can see is the control... we will have to learn how to fly all over again... as their will not be a manafold pressure... kinda thing... more fuel flow/control...