View Single Post
Unread 12-04-07, 09:26 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveG
Keven, Thanks for the "on topic" response. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to have experienced difficulty with this product. At the risk of seeming thin-skinned, I don't know why our esteemed webmaster finds it necessary to take a pot shot at me each time I figuratively put pen to paper in this forum but having published the slap I presume that he will publish the rebuttal. Having met and in fact dined with Jenny and Mary on seperate occasions I know them to be intelligent and educated women who I hope would know that the use of the salutation "gentlemen" is not a sexist slight but rather a generic, gender inclusive greeting used when the writer does not know the identity of the recipient. The Gregg Reference Manual, 6th Edition, a universally recognized bible on business writing style states: "for an organization composed of both men and women the salutation most commonly used is "gentlemen:". The politically correct thought police (policepersons?) may wish to revise the language to conform to their Newspeak preferences but I do not wish to participate. I would hope that further postings to this thread might return to the topic rather than chastise previous participants on their writing style. Happy trails to all, Steve G.
Thank you for your erudite and concise comments. I have a tablet GPS, the Av-Map, and am thoroughly happy with it. I like the large screen format, the ability to glance at it, and know where I am. Like many others, the options of national Nexrad is intriniscally important for any upgrade. Like many others, I have looked at the CV units. There are numerous reviews of this kind of software in Aviation Consumer, yet I do not remember any of them pointing out the issues you raise here.
BTW, I am the other administrator, and the webmaster.