View Single Post
Unread 06-02-05, 06:49 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Holy xxxx Batman!

Looking into crystal ball, I think it says, "Holy shit... I think I'm a candidate for a belly test!"

If what you're saying is true, I think you might want to forego any 'aerial logging operations' until you get those solenoids on the powerpack taken apart and cleaned. Remember, when you're buzzing around those puppies are getting warm... ergh, I mean HOT -- especially where you live and fly!... and any residual 5606 that entered inside where the plunger is located could get really nasty, like VERY sticky and prevent things from happening. Gee, I hope yours has the modified unit with the openable solenoids. Some of the '73 models didn't and there was a SB from Cessna to change them out... same thing with the little "T" item in the nose gear strut in the black cup with the spring, which can let the nose gear collapse. Oh boy, we're having fun now, no?

When you selected gear up or down, as the case may be when you had the problem, could you hear the gear motor running, or shall we say, G-R-O-A-N-I-N-G???

You might want to throw a pressure gage on the output side of the pump... there's a provision down near the dip-stick if you look and check the manual... to see if the pump is putting out the required presssure too.

SkyKing