View Single Post
Unread 06-03-05, 02:27 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Flow chart

You might want to lay out the service manual section on the landing gear and trace out the 'flow' chart of the hydraulic fluid from the emergency gear hand pump and see what all it interacts with... and whether electric power is applied or not insofar as shuttle valves and the solenoids... I don't have mine handy at the moment or we could walk through it. From that review you should be able to pinpoint why you're getting a hydraulic lock-up after two strokes on the pump... my sense is that something is not toggling, such as a shuttle valve in the power pack.

When's the last time you cleaned the solenoids on the powerpack? Pretty simple procedure that could save your belly... and your bacon!! GMAs went through the DO and DON'Ts on that sometime back... maybe it's still here on the web someplace.

Have you checked the fluid level of the 5606 to make sure it's topped off? There's also a fluid-acid test in the book. Don't forget to check for proper color of the contents. It's a good idea to look at what's on the dipstick with a bright light so that if there's any metal in the fluid it will show-up. How many hours on the powerpack since it was last overhauled/replaced? These ARE time sensitive items like the mags.

Lastly, I wouldn't go off into the wilde blue yonder without first determining where the problem is, because you might not be able to get green & locked... or even yellow and up-locked.

SkyKing