View Single Post
Unread 01-05-23, 11:16 AM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
Folks, we need to fortify the front against Garmin (Autopilot)

As I noted in my thread yesterday, the older S-Tecs are no longer an option, and the 55x is 35k all in. If you don’t have a G5, GI-275, etc to feed the 55x, it’s 46k with a G5 added. I’m sure that’s easier for some than others, but file me under “others” … too many other irons in the fire to allocate something like that for a very long time. Sadly, without change to the market, we know this will only get worse.

For those of you with a 400A, you still have options—for now. AP Central warned me yesterday that those days are numbered, though that could mean 1 year, or 5–they wouldn’t put a number on it. That aside, matching components are becoming scarce. Add another point in Genesys’ favor.

Either way, our aircraft are quickly being cornered into a single-solution market for APs, period … unless you want to take your odds on a field inspection. This means Genesys can quite comfortably set the price as they please. I myself am going to look again to the Garmin threads here an ensure that I’ve put an up-to-date bid in for my part.

I would strongly suggest that we all do, and nudge our fellow owners who haven’t checked in here in a while to do the same.