View Single Post
Unread 01-10-14, 10:06 AM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
For Christmas I just received two "smart" aviation battery minders designed specifically for the the Gill batteries I use (12 volt in a PA24 Comanche that I also fly and 24 volt for my C337). I purchased them from batteryminders.com, MODEL: BatteryMINDer 24041-AA-S2 for our C337's using Gill batteries. They have other models specifically for the battery you use so read the fine print if using Concord or other sealed batteries. One should be able to find what they need for whatever battery they prefer to use. These units are designed to charge and then maintain the battery and should be left on continuously when not flying the aircraft. They contain a microprocessor and provide the battery with exactly what it needs to stay properly charged (this is the claim anyway). The units were $200 and if they double the life of the battery (which sounds likely), they would pay for themselves easily. More importantly however is flying with the confidence that the battery is as it should be and starting performance would be top notch.

I hope they work as advertised. Mike Busch speaks high of these units as well if any of you folks agree with what he preaches.

Good Luck,

Ed