View Single Post
Unread 06-25-09, 04:53 PM

aldoradave is on a distinguished road
That is a very broad question and I wouldn't be able to give a broad answer, other than to say that it still seems to be a buyer's market. I went through a buy process in February and ended up with just what I was looking for, a 73 P337 N84E.

My guidance was AOPA's VRef aircraft valuation program, then punched in the numbers for each aircraft that seemed to be in line with my needs. If a seller was willing to take a price at or near that Vref value I pursued it further. I ended up making one wasted trip to Dallas for an aircraft that looked better in photos than it really was, but finally made the connection near Annapolis. Given that I live now in SoCal the cost of the ferry had to be added to my basis.

The result was a 2700 hr airframe with mid time Mattituck engines, nice paint and interior, but with marginal avionics. Mods included Horton STOL and the Gear Door removal (that I now see as essential to any 337). It also had a fresh annual.

I paid $69,500 cash and consider myself very fortunate to have found a motivated seller who owned it for 10 years but recently only flew on occasion.

As for a qualified pre-buy inspection, you probably ought to ask that question once you identify the region you will need it in.

Dave Dillehay