View Single Post
Unread 02-04-10, 11:21 PM

scottygofast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to scottygofast
Hello to all, Im very proud to join your group!

Hello to all on here~

I recently came across an oppertunity i just couldn't pass up. I purchased N358, Which i believe many of you may be familiar with from a few years back. I got a rather amazing deal on the airplane, ferried it back from FLL here to Clearwater Airpark near Tampa. After a very through Annual, (bout 12Ks worth), Im very glad to say she is back airworthy and is running like a champ. She had been setting for a bit but after a fresh coat of wax, almost looks like it just came off the line.

I must thank Don Nieser for the Parts support! He had just about everything I needed and quite alot of it too. Great experience working with him. The Local shop on the field here at CLW started trying to find parts and they were scared to tell me what they were finding until I hooked them up with Don. He definately saved the day amidst a blizzard in OK. I would have brought the pane up to Don for the annual, but having it done 5 minutes from my house was just too appealing, and even though they hadnt ever worked on a skymaster, they seem to have done a great job, at a very fair price. worked alot of deals to try to keep the cost of this annual down, seeing as how all the lord mounts, a fuel pump, a mag, both cowl flap motors (which they were able to fix in house for a couple hours labor thankfully), and exhaust, as just part of the laundry list of squaks.

I have my commercial multi inst. and rotor, and have a bunch of time in 310s and twin otters, but before purchase i only had a couple hours in a skymaster, so I have some getting used to to do on my new plane, couple questions, is everyone's Elevator so heavy? I love how this plane is flying, just lands a bit different than most everything else Ive flown.. a bit porposiey if that is even a word. How much are most of you using the electric trim on approach? Ive been reading many of the recent posts and must say you all are very informative and im trying to get through everything that I come up with on the search, but im sure there will be more to come~

First test flight after the annual went well, everything but a fuel gague worked great, just getting used to power settings. actually saw 179 kts at 1000' on my way home from some touch and goes, and I gotta say, you guys know where its at. Im looking forward to meeting everyone at Sun & Fun, as Im planning on attending, Might even make it up to daytona for drinks with everyone. Ill get a couple pics up when I get them re sized... thanks!

Scotty Burns

www.scottyburns.com