View Single Post
Unread 02-05-10, 12:52 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Hi Scotty,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the elevator being "heavy." I'm assuming you mean quite heavy in pitch especially on landing. What I can offer you is something to check. My 73 C337G model is not heavy at all in pitch. It is very easy to land. On my particular model (and I do not know if it is identical on other models, please verify because these airplanes have many differences between models), the trim has limits that change with flap settings. As more flaps are selected, more aft trim becomes available. After landing as you select flaps up, you can watch the trim wheel roll itself forward (nose down) to the highest level of aft trim with the flaps up. There is mechanical linkage that accomplishes all this and must be rigged correctly. When I purchased my airplane many years ago, it was all messed up. All this info would be in the service manual.

As for your fuel gauges, see my posts and many others on the signal conditioner aka fuel control monitor. These fuel gauges have caused many headaches to owners so good luck. Again, my airplane is a 73 C337G and I do not know if the system will be the same in your model. The good news is that after replacing the signal conditioner with an overhauled unit from Aeromach Labs $700, the gauges have been working well.

My final thought and I apologize if I sound as if I am preaching, please take the time to get to know your Skymaster. Read and understand every word of your operator manual. I have read every accident report on the Skymaster and it is so sad to see literally 75% of the events being caused by simple improper handling of the aircraft under normal circumstances, especially the fuel system.

Ok, I'm done now. Congrats on your new to you Skymaster and enjoy the airplane. I love mine and it truly is a wonderful airplane to fly.

Good Luck,

Ed