View Single Post
Unread 02-06-10, 05:07 PM

scottygofast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to scottygofast
Smile

Ed & Karl, thanks for the welcome~

Thanks for the info on the trim, after looking at the POH, I went to the airport today, and found that with the master on, and flaps retracted, the maximum trim nose up is at the bottom of the white take off mark on the trim wheel. I then dropped the flaps incrementally, and found that the trim wheel, even at full flaps down, would not trim any further nose up than the spot it was at with flaps fully retracted. Would that mean that there is a circuit or something not closing when the flaps are operated, or would this be more of a cable rigging issue? I only ask, knowing from your response that its a mechanical linkage, because it didnt change anything at all with the flaps operating. Also, before I took it up on the maint. flight friday, I noticed while taxiing that the elevator was catching, or had a tight spot halfway or so through its travel, I had the mechs check it before we went, and they had found that the chain that drives the nav-o-matic had a kink in it, so they tightened the chain and the problem was resolved.

How much nose up trim, in relation to the take off white marking on the trim wheel assby, would you say you have in the elevator while on a normal approach to landing? obviously, if theres 16deg. of travel im not getting out of the trim tab, would be the reason the airplane feels so "heavy" on landing, wouldnt you agree?

This is a very cool and unique aircraft, that im looking forward to putting a lot of time on, and I totally agree with you Ed. Im studyin~

Thanks again for your time~

Scotty Burns

www.scottyburns.com