View Single Post
Unread 02-15-10, 04:55 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Scotty,

I managed to do some flying over the weekend as well as today and here are my observations with the elevator trim. I place it in the center or maybe just a touch aft of center of the "TAKE-OFF" range marked on the pointer scale. This makes for a nice easy rotation as the airplane is accelerating through 85-90MPH with flaps at 1/3 extended position. After rotation a slight forward trim is required to hold 110-120MPH on initial climb. Once the airplane is cleaned up some additional forward trim is required to cruise climb between 140-150MPH. All speeds are indicated airspeeds.

During landing, after adding full flaps, the trim pointer is well aft of the "TAKE-OFF" range. Probably a third to half an inch aft of the "TAKE-OFF" range as marked. This is into the additional trim that becomes available with the addition of full flaps. This is at a final approach speed of 90MPH with full flaps making for an easy flare into a smooth touch down with the nose wheel clear of the runway. I can continue to easily hold the nose off for several seconds after main wheel touchdown until the speed bleeds off at which time the nose will gently fall to the runway.

Hopes this helps.

Take-care, Ed