View Single Post
Unread 03-24-10, 07:29 PM

N5ZX is on a distinguished road
It should also be noted that my extended tips and winglets were both installed by Owen, 10 years / 766 flight hours ago.

I told that to the FAA Investigator, but don't recall having mentioned it in any thread.

Admittedly, I fly like a rookie scaredy-cat cuz my boss likes smooth rides ( climb at 110, don't touch the gear under 500 agl in climb-out, break-check and gear d/l-green, try to avoid anything more than 10-degree banks, avoid anything more than light turbulance, avoid anything that registers on either of my radars, 500fpm decents, when I turn that's ALL I'm doing, I only fiddle with stuff when I'm wings level, GUMPS checks on approach AND on downwind AND on base AND on final, completely sterile cockpit under 1,000 AGL, and I'm FULLY configured BEFORE turning final. Yeah, flying with me is boring. But I already got my airplane crash merrit-badge and have no use for an oak-leaf cluster.

But I have no idea how the previous owner flew it....I've only been involved with it for the past 9 months and it's only been in my possession for the past 2 months.

Soooo..... Even with stacked mods and a decade of flying, it seems to have held together. And while there is some deformaty, it's minor enough to warrent further investigation and not merely write it off at a glance.

Owens shop has done a LOT of work to my plane. It's actually less of a "Cessna 337" and more of an "Aviation Enterprises 337". Again, much of the work pre-dates me, but we've had them do a LOT since we bought her.

Although Owen doesn't over emphasize PR at Aviation Enterprises, the workmanship and attention to detail demonstrated by his crew are commendable.

In short, I wouldn't be too hasty to question the value of what Aviation Enterprises does for our rarified fleet.

Anybody can have a problem....it's how they respond to the problem that reveals their character.

We'll see what happens.

Patiently waiting....

Cole

Last edited by N5ZX : 03-25-10 at 01:41 PM.