View Single Post
Unread 04-14-09, 11:20 AM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Well, the problem is still not solved but I guess it is as good as it is gonna be. The good news is that the fuel gauges work about 98% of the time and are stable while they are working. We just cannot seem to completely eliminate the problem. My mechanic saw nothing unusual while utilizing the test box other than he could impact voltage readings simply by by puting his hands around wires. I have no explanation for that. This was not an attempt to wiggle wires to search for a loose connection (although we have done that plenty) but an attempt to simply see what happens if you put your hands around wires.

My original signal conditioner has been sent back to Aero-Mach for good because my shop was able to get that one to consistently fail with the associated behavior of the gauges. They were unable to get the overhauled conditioner to fail but I knew I did when I intitially installed it myself. During the install testing with the test box the overhauled box behaved perfectly but shortly into my first flight (before I left the ground) the problem reappeared. We may be chasing multiple problems here. Who knows......

So my plan is to just fly until the annual in August and see if I can make any correlations with the supposedly random brief failures. My shop is going to work more on the connections at the gauges but as I said, not until August. The airplane is back together now and is going to stay that way and is working well otherwise. If any major developments should occur, I will certainly pass it on. If anyone else out there solves this problem, please share!