View Single Post
Unread 12-24-11, 02:06 PM

rhurt is on a distinguished road
Ernie,

I had my gmail address wrong. It is rlhurt16@gmail.com.

Larry,

I beg to difer with you about the fuel cap modifications. FAR part 43 says a licensed pilot who owns or operates an aircraft under part 91 can perform preventive maintenance on that aircraft. Appendix A of part 43 describes preventive maintenance tasks, including the following:

"(28) The installations of anti-misfueling devices to reduce the diameter of fuel tank filler openings provided the specific device has been made a part of the aircraft type certificiate data by the aircraft manufacturer, the aircraft manufacturer has provided FAA-approved instructions for installation of the specific device, and installation does not involve the disassembly of the existing tank filler opening."

I agree that a logbook entry should be made, like for other owner performed preventive maintenance items.

Bill,

I do not have the installaton drawings for the caps, but they mostly described the correct rotation of the steel reducing rings. The caps themselves are standard Cessna, like I've seen on 150s and 172s.

Merry Christmas Skymaster Owners!

Randy