View Single Post
Unread 12-26-11, 11:14 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Merry Christmas. I saw your posting, but declined to answer in the spirit of the holidays. Christmas is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhurt View Post
Ernie,

"(28) The installations of anti-misfueling devices to reduce the diameter of fuel tank filler openings provided the specific device has been made a part of the aircraft type certificiate data by the aircraft manufacturer, the aircraft manufacturer has provided FAA-approved instructions for installation of the specific device, and installation does not involve the disassembly of the existing tank filler opening."

Randy
I believe, that to install the fuel doors, etc, you had to "disassembly of the existing tank filler opening" (see above) before you installed the service kit. And generally perform the kind of activity that the FAR's reserve for A&P's, and in this case, an IA.
I don't see you being either one of those.
Also, since this is a modification to the aircraft, you would normally have to have a 337 form filled out, but the Service Kit documentation would replace that requirement. You specifically stated that you don't have that documentation. I would suggest you find it, because with out it, the modifications that you performed (though you are not authorized to do so), are undocumented. Might be a problem some where down the line.

Folks, be careful that you do not always follow to the letter what someone here says they did, because it could end up costing you some problems down the line.