View Single Post
Unread 05-03-16, 09:28 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Dave
Thanks for the action on this component. It's this kind of work that everyone can benefit from. Many thanks from SOAPA members.

Dale
I know your process and yes, it will make a cheap Cessna look like a Beechcraft. Any detailed photos of the results would be appreciated.

For those that are on a budget but need to update the Royalite, it is amazing what the new paints can do for plastic trim. When I did my restoration 7 years ago we had planned to wrap all the trim as Dale described above. Unfortunately the material we chose was not working as easily as my interior pro had experienced in the past and the Cessna trim has more curves in the trim than Beech and Piper. So my pro said lets paint the trim. I was very sceptcle but trusted his judgement. It came out fantastic. We only had to buy one piece as all the rest of the original trim was repaired and re-used. I ended up saving about $2000 over wrapping all the trim. Just another way of making our planes better.

There are lots of photos here http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...hlight=Re-furb

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years