View Single Post
Unread 04-18-12, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
I would dispute the reputation for underpowered. In the huge archive of this Message Board I don't ever remember anyone saying that (you can check using the "Search" feature).

Essentially all general aviation piston twins just meet the basic certification requirement for positive climb rate with one engine out at full load under standard conditions. Key word there is "just". The Skymaster is no better and no worse.

I think Roger may have been concerned (as I am) that you are starting to look at modifications prematurely, given your lack of up-to-date training and experience with this aircraft. And I will add that in my book the modifications you are considering may reduce the aircraft's reliability (Cessna designed it as a SYSTEM, where, for example, the structure is made to handle the engines, props and wings that came from the factory, and some mods may push the limits of other subsystems on the airplane). Maybe it's worth it for you, but only after you know for a fact that you need it and are willing to live with the decreased reliability.

Ernie