View Single Post
Unread 07-10-06, 02:36 PM
Keven

Enough Already

Paul:

Work with me, because I'm trying to pry my sarcastic helmet off during this post. However, I notice that you left "occupation" blank in your biography. Are you an attorney? Are you in the court room frequently?

If not, don't believe everything you hear about lawyers or boogeymen.

Nowadays, prudent businessmen, who, btw, should be formed as a legal and separate entity from their own personal identity, can buy this stuff called "insurance" that protects them from their own screw ups as well as "the 12 stooges." And . . . they can stay in business even after they OR the 12 stooges screw up.

I have found that often, people who lose at trial are upset because they failed to recognize their own errors that they were sued for. 12 disinterested people are usually more likely to recognize a screw up than the person who screwed up. On the same note, 12 disinterested people are also more likely to recognize a greedy plaintiff with a BS claim than the scammer asserting the claim. Juries, for the most part try to get to the bottom of the matter. Yes, our legal system is neither a good, nor perfect system, but it is still the best legal system in the world.

Frankly, in my line of work, I see PLENTY of bad and unethical lawyers. What goes unnoticed, is that I see just as many bad and unethical engineers, developers, builders, pilots, restaurateurs, real estate brokers, business brokers, etc.

FWIW

Keven
________
Drug Testing Kit

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:20 PM.