View Single Post
Unread 03-28-10, 11:15 AM

Roger is an unknown quantity at this point
Cole - Sorry for your problems. Really.

1) I can't imagine Aviation Enterprises (regardless or who owns or manages that company) coming to you to pinpoint "problems" with the aircraft. After all they would essentially be harming themselves with every discrepancy they find. Then what, they argue against themsevles in court? I think you are far better off just keeping them out of it on the inspection side, as I belive you will be safer flying with an independant inspection, and also have protection in case you need it in court.

2) Your owner/boss does not need to scrap a perfectly good airplane just because he/you are unhappy or unsure about these mods. Just have an AI take them off, convert the wings back to normal, and quit sweating it. Document everything with protographs, etc and if it ever get into a court battle (which by the way I would imagine is nothing more than a product liability insurance issue) then you will be ready to fight that battle.

I can tell by your threads that even if AE says "It's ok, just fly it like we said, you and your owner are not going to feel happy and safe, so you might want to consider my suggestion.

After all the aircraft as originally certified with your new engines, avionics, etc should be a wonderful ride. I would be pissed also, but I would rather be safe and out a little cash, than let it eat me up.

This reminds me of when I put racing turbo chargers on my 993TT and while it was fast as hell, it immediately snapped both axels and tore the rear end up. You can only "improve" the design of a perfectly designed piece of machinery so far, before you start detracting from its original brilliance.

Last edited by Roger : 03-28-10 at 11:19 AM.