View Single Post
Unread 03-28-10, 12:30 PM

N5ZX is on a distinguished road
Yup.
Suffice it to say that scrapping a damn nice plane wasnt my recommendation. hasnt been my preference. And isnt my choice.

Thats why I dont want any part of it.

As for inviting them to come down and do the SAIB inspection, I was hoping the prevent the "that's wrong/that's normal" debate. I understand the wisdom behind having independant and objective eyes inspect and certify airworthyness. But I was trying to give them an opportunity to be proactive and be involved.

I'd be happy to fly it as-is....no correction. Cuz I'm young, dumb and full of (ambition). Actually...because the plane seems to have held together pretty well for 10 years...and cuz I fly like a sissy. But a lot of folks who know a lot more about whats going on than I do have suggested that it might be good to wait for a review of the data. My boss....is not a patient man...and after waiting 9 months for this thing to come home from upgrades, this SAIB hit at the worst possible time. Waiting equates to loosing, in his mind.

Again, I dont have to agree. But my agreement is not a requirement.

This is the specific point that has made a relative inconvenience into a virtual crisis. Rampant speculation. Very little information. Even less cooperation.

Sounds like the ingredients for trouble.

If you're in a spin, and you dont do SOMETHING...you're done.

Cole