Thread: 100 hour
View Single Post
Unread 05-19-02, 09:36 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Well lets just see what the old manufacture says... after all he is the higher source....

Ahhhh... I see in the service manual that it says ... Inspection requirments....

All civil aircraft of U>S> registry must undergo a COMPLETE INSPECTION (ANNUAL) EACH twelve calendar monts...

IN ADDITION.... to the required ANNUAL inspection, aircraft operated for commercial hire must also have a complet AIRCRAFT INSPECTION every 100 hrs of operation.... ah ha... then we don't have to.... yeaaaaaa..... huh...

But... just when you though you had the answer....

Under inspection Charts....

it says ... as shown in the charts , their are items to be checked each 50 hours, each 100 hours, each 200 hours, and special inspection items which require servicing or inspection at intervals other than 50, 100, or 200 hrs...

So that brings us to the question about the gear being swung at each 100 hrs... in my manual that I have it says that you have to do a retract test every 200 hrs... or at annual.... (meaning yearly)

Its all their in Chapter 2 under Ground handling, servicing, lubercation and inspection....

And thats the part about the manufacture says... you shall do.. thing we covered in the siminar...

Go to the book... (service manual) for it is the bible of the aircraft... know yee well... smile...

But, yes your mechanic can sign off all the work done on the 100hr maintance... only time you need the IA is at the year mark.... and yes your mechanic can have you assist him in lubing and checking... more he will check you will lube thing though....

G.M>