Thread: New Paint
View Single Post
Unread 04-10-09, 02:43 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Design Layout

We did the design layout this morning. It was another 1 1/2 hour drive down to the shop to meet Dave for the fun work. As you look at the photos, the orange tape is the gold stripe, the beige tape is the dark brown and below that is yellow. It is amazing how quickly he set this up. We changed a couple things based on the rendition #3 in the refirb thread but most onlookers will not even notice. Some of the changes were based on the boom fairing placement because these were not in the rendition sketch. In one shot you can see the rendition mock up taped to the winglet but this is rendition #1 because it had the winglet design on it and #3 did not. But #3 is just a modification of the original #1. I think this is going to work well. The tails will be inside and outside matched and the winglets are just a touch different on the inside because of the wing connection. But all colors will carry across the trailing edges of the tail and winglet. Also the gold will continue up and over the rear cowl on the top. Continuity, yes!

The spinner design was an idea that Larry and I had. Something to kind of just add a little personality. The rear spinner is what I had envisioned with Larry because of the MT blades angle to the spinner. Each blade with have this photoed stripe and will be painted in the dark brown. The front spinner was going to be a corkscrew, but after I did the rear I decided I liked the photoed version better. Again continuity, fun stuff! The front spinner will be yellow stripes. In some of the photos you can see the N numbers stencil on the boom. Those will be painted in dark brown too.

Dave will have the design on both sides by tomorrow some time and start painting Monday. They say I will be flying it home Thursday or Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2JF Design lft 1.jpg
Views:	1030
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	879   Click image for larger version

Name:	2JF Design lft 3.jpg
Views:	1093
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	881   Click image for larger version

Name:	2JF Design tip tail.jpg
Views:	1094